Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Jessica Logue | Delta Delta Delta



Hey ladies! My name is Jessica Logue and I am a super proud member of Delta Delta Delta! I will be a sophomore in the fall so I was just in your position last year. I know what you might be thinking, "Is this really for me?" "What if I don't fit in anywhere?" "Is this going to be like House Bunny?" Those are all things that I questioned before signing up for formal recruitment, but looking back at it now, I am so thankful that I chose to be a Greek at Wichita State!

Throughout high school I was very involved in pretty much everything. I cheered, sang, was a member of Student Council, and plenty more. It was much easier to become involved in high school and that worried me a little about college. Thankfully, there was a teacher at my high school,Wichita West High, that was still actively part of one of the chapters at WSU. She gave me information and flyers about meetings to learn more about Greek Life. I convinced a few friends to attend one with me towards the beginning of summer to just see what it might be like. At that point, I was interested but still could not see myself as a sorority girl.

When my friend and I decided to live in the dorms together, we thought it would be perfect! We figured we would become close friends with everyone on our floor and always have a group to sit with at meals in the cafeteria. That didn't exactly happen for us. We spent more time in our dorm room than anywhere else. This was the turning point for both us when we decided to go through formal recruitment together! We ended up getting bids from the same chapter and now get to call each other sisters! After joining Delta Delta Delta, we realized that three other sisters lived on our floor and a few others lived in the other tower. I think it's safe to say, we never ate alone again!

I could not picture my life without Delta Delta Delta, nor would I want to. The relationships I've made in this short amount of time are ones that I will cherish forever. When we say sisterhood is forever, it's true. The bond my sisters have when it comes to raising money for our Philanthropies, St. Jude and Victory in the Valley, is incredible. I am so very proud to say that I have the best sisters in the world and will continue to say it!
If you have been thinking about going Greek and are not really sure, just go for it! What do you have to lose? There is a home for you here and any chapter would be lucky to have you! Remember, Greek Life isn't just for four years, it's for LIFE!

Jessica Logue