Sunday, August 4, 2013

Megan Davis | Rho Gamma

Hello Potential New Members!

My name is Megan Davis and I am currently a senior here at Wichita State. I am studying Chemistry for Pre-Medicine and I hope to become a plastic surgeon. This will be my first year as a recruitment counselor and I am so excited to meet you wonderful ladies! I can honestly say that going Greek has changed my life for the better. 
I decided to go Greek during the summer before my freshmen year because I wanted to meet new people. My decisions during recruitment week were for the most part pretty easy except the last night (Preference night). I was torn between two chapters and with the help of my rho gamma and another rho gamma in my color group, I ended up in the right place on bid day. My advice for you girls: Trust your rho gamma and other rho gammas in your color group, they will not steer you in the wrong direction. I believe that in the end, each woman will end up in the right chapters. 
Picking my chapter was the best decision of my life. I have made lifelong sisters and friends in the Greek community. My chapter has given me incredible leadership positions and I could not be happier. I am a strong believer in Greek unity and Wichita State has just that. 
My rho gamma was awesome and she really helped me along the way and that is how I want to be with my PNMs. The first night will be the most nerve racking because you will not know what to expect, but REMAIN CALM. Trust me, the women in every chapter are just as nervous as you! Follow your heart, pick the chapter that you feel the most comfortable with. An alumna of my chapter always said "Do not choose a chapter based on the woman you are today, choose a chapter based on the woman you want to become". 

Good luck Ladies!

Megan Davis