Sunday, August 11, 2013

Vaughn Crandell | Delta Delta Delta



Bienvenido! Hello! Guten Tag! 


My name is Vaughn Crandell and I'm a Senior at Wichita State and a Junior in the chapter Delta Delta Delta!  I am majoring in Secondary Education and going to finish up my doctorate with a degree in Atmospheric and Oceanic Science (Meteorology!)
 I was born and raised in Wichita then moved to Cheney for high school.  I'm a transfer student from Butler and I could not be happier here at WSU or being Greek!
Right now, I'm in Puebla, Mexico studying abroad and missing my sisters back home! Here's why....

I was involved in almost every sport and extra activity in high school and when I enrolled into Wichita State I needed something more out of my college. I chose to go Greek and it was the best decision of my LIFE. I knew no one going through recruitment (So don't feel alone!) and everything was foreign to me.  I learned about their passionate philanthropies, sisterly events, and everything great about being Greek. My step-sister is who told me to keep an open mind since she was Greek back in 1999. Well, I did, and I started to realize this was going to be my new home.

My formal recruitment was interesting to say the least but well worth it. Someone talked me out of going through the year before so do not let anyone talk you out of it! I heard horror stories from bigger universities and then attending Formal Recruitment here was a BLAST. It was nothing like I had heard from different outside sources and I needed to trust my Rho Gamma (who turned out to be my big in the house! So keep in mind, she could be your next sister!) and my recruitment coordinator was my second best resource. Never forget to trust your Rho Gamma, they are trained, prepared, and excited to help you find your second home, too! 

My time as a Tri Delta has been the best 2 years of my life so far and I'm looking forward to one before I graduate with my baccalaureate.  If I could stay the whole four years, I would, but each experience is different. Keep an open mind, clear your head of prejudices or hearsay, and smile! These women are excited to meet you and so am I. Welcome to Wichita State University and I look forward to meeting the potential new members on September 5th during House Tours!


Delta Love,
Vaughn Ninacska Crandell