Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nicole Daemen | Rho Gamma



Hi! My name is Nicole Daemen.  I’m a senior here at Wichita State studying nursing.  I’m excited to say this is my first year as a rho gamma for formal recruitment!
I went to high school at Maize. I always knew I would end up at Wichita State since I knew they had the nursing program. I also loved that it was close to home.  The only downside to coming to Wichita State at first was that all of my close friends had chosen to go to schools farther away.
I had a friend that was already Greek at Wichita State who talked me into going to some Greek volleyball events the summer before my freshman year.  After meeting some of the women in the Greek system here, I knew I wanted to go through formal recruitment.
All of the women I talked to during formal recruitment broke the mold of the typical sorority.  I had completely fallen in love with Greek life by the end of my first night of recruitment.  I could not believe everything these chapters had to offer me.  There were so many fun activities, friendly women, and amazing philanthropies!
Going Greek at Wichita State is the best decision I have made during my college career.  It has given me countless leadership opportunities.  I currently hold a vice president position in my chapter as well as hold the position of Secretary and Scholarship on Women’s Panhellenic Association. I have tried things I never thought I would try, and I’ve become friends with women that I would not have otherwise met.  No matter who you are or where you come from, being Greek at Wichita State will have something wonderful to offer to you!
Best of luck,
Nicole Daemen